Autonomous Driving Forensics Engineer
Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that machine learning algorithms learning from experience and data will allow our driver to be more intelligent and capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
As a Software Integration Engineer within the Experimentation and Product group, you will focus on investigating overall robot performance in an on road environment. Working closely with the Data Science teams, you will provide actionable insight to development teams based on your knowledge of robotic systems that will help research teams prioritise their efforts today and identify opportunities in the future.
Your role will be at the heart of Performance improvement working to identify systemic issues within the full end to end stack for the AV vehicles. To do so you will work cross functionally interacting with all areas of the business including hardware and software engineers, roboticists and platform developers, model development and operational teams. Once root causes have been identified you will work with developers to generate solutions and ensure these deliver the performance improvements expected.
This means you will:
- Utilise your wide knowledge of robotics and AI to communicate cross-team to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Prototype methods of analysing data to draw meaningful conclusions for future development.
- Utilise our video and simulation data to provide evidence based strategy insights that drive model and software performance improvements
- Troubleshoot technical issues and drive testing to ensure efficient progress through fast iterations.
You will be essential to Wayve’s mission, deeply enjoy what you do, take immense pride in being a small part of something big, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
This role will be based in our London King’s Cross HQ, but we are open to discussing hybrid roles for the right candidate.
- 3+ years experience working with complex systems for robotics.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving to identify and solve complex issues within the robotics and AI system.
- Prior experience of designing real-world robotics experiments to prove/disprove hypotheses.
- Great communication skills to be able to explain complex technical problems to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable in using a statistical scripting language and data science/ML packages (e.g. python such as pandas, sklearn, scipy).
- Hands-on experience operating in a remote linux environment.
- Track record of influencing team and company direction through your findings.
- Practical experience with machine learning (e.g. pytorch).
- Passion to take research ideas to production.
- Track record of promoting statistical rigour and experimental best practices in your prior roles.
- Experience working in a fast-moving tech company or startup.
- Strong version for python and data scientist.
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving, and thus to tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- On-site chef and bar, lots of fun socials, a workplace nursery scheme and more!
- Help relocating/travelling to London, with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.