SLAM Lead, Robotics
Who we are
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
Where you will have an impact
- Build a robust SLAM system which runs at scale across 100’s of vehicles and millions of hours of driving data, producing high quality supervision signals for model training
- Set technical direction for SLAM codebase and drive execution
- Be an advocate for best practices and state of the art within Robotics
Challenges you will own
- Multi-sensor odometry and sensor calibration, across cameras, inertial and radar sensors
- Full development life cycle of our SLAM systems - from research and prototyping, to the development of a high quality, tested code that runs efficiently at scale
- Understand the needs and use cases of SLAM internally at Wayve, aligning the SLAM roadmap across programme requirements to maximise impact
What we are looking for
- Experience as a core developer/researcher in SLAM, Visual Odometry, Localisation or State Estimation codebase
- Experience deploying SLAM systems to real world, e.g. AVs, AR/VR, UAV
- Strong C++ and Python fundamentals
- PhD in computer vision, 3D geometry, SLAM, localisation, mapping, or other relevant field
- Experience deploying SLAM systems at scale in outdoor environments
- Experience with Ceres or similar nonlinear least squares optimisation framework
- Experience with sensor modalities other than cameras, e.g. lidar, radar, inertial
What we offer you
Competitive compensation with salary and equity
Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.